The beauty hacks are back! Everyone needs a few good beauty tricks and tips in their arsenal for when they want to get out of the door quick. Here are 20 new (makeup, hair, skin, nail) hacks that you need to know. (For a little refresher, check out Volume I, here.)
1. Nothing’s more irritating than cat eyes that don’t match up. Get symmetrical, foolproof wings every time by using a credit card to get a perfect line.
2. Add a drop of peppermint oil (or cinnamon oil) to your favorite lip gloss – instant lip plumper!
3. Get the most out of your leftover summer foundation (if you buy a darker shade during the warmer months) by mixing it with moisturizer. It’ll lighten it up a bit.
4. Rub some Vaseline on your pulse points – inside your wrists, on your neck – then spray perfume. It’ll last much longer!
5. If your mascara’s clumpy, add a few drops of contact solution to the tube.
6. Easy trick for everyone who wants fuller-looking hair (who doesn’t?!): dust some eyeshadow in a hue one shade darker than your color on your hair part.
7. The best way to tame flyaways? All you need is a toothbrush and a few spritzes of hairspray…
8. Definitely worth a shot: one of the most popular beauty hacks is wrapping your wet hair in a tee, rather than a towel. It’s much more absorbent.
9. When blowing out your hair, alternate between warm and cool air to maximize its staying power.
10. No curling iron? No problem. Apply a heat protectant, braid your hair into a few sections, then go over each one with your flat iron. Instantly curly hair!
11. You ALWAYS need to take your makeup off before you go to sleep. Ideally you would do more than just take it off (cleanse, tone, moisturize…), but if you’re feeling super lazy, keep wipes on your nightstand. Remove it with your eyes closed!
12. One of the oldest tricks in the book, but it really works! Apply Vaseline or lotion to your feet, and put on some cozy socks. Go to sleep and wake up with super soft feet.
13. If you burned yourself with your hair iron or any other hot tool apply a thick layer of honey (after running the burn under cool water). The burning will instantly subset, plus honey provides antibacterial protection.
14. It might seem silly, but using white toothpaste on blemishes actually helps! Apply a dot onto each red spot, go to sleep and wash it off in the morning.
15. Ever notice how your skin is great when you’re spending time at the beach? That’s because sea salt is a natural antiseptic. Apply 1 TBSP of sea salt to a 16-ounce spray bottle of warm water. Spritz away and let the salt do its magic! (Use it on your hair, too, for beachy waves.)
16. Don’t have a dotting tool to create nail art? Don’t worry: use a bobby pin, matchstick or pen tip as an in-a-pinch dotter.
17. Add some corn starch to clear top coat for DIY matte polish!
18. Spritz some PAM Cooking Spray on your nails to dry quicker.
19. Are your nails stained after using a dark, wintry color? Soak your nails in a solution of hot water, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda for a minute to whiten them.
20. Follow this guide to paint your nails like a pro.
Share your favorite beauty hacks with us in the comments below and on Pampadour.com!