By Lisa Estrella Yang
Beautiful things in life come in all sizes! Although nails may be a fraction of your beauty attire, this year they are holding the biggest microphone, stealing the spotlight in the beauty and fashion world with a fierce attitude. This fabulous summer is plastered with an array of nail expressions such as tribal print, neon colors, French manicures, and floral nail décor. Below are simple steps to dressing up your own nails with a timeless nail look. Get into the beauty of nail fashion by learning how to do your own French manicure at home!
– Paper reinforcements
– 1 Cotton ball
– White distilled vinegar
– White nail lacquer (I used “White” by love & beauty from Forever 21)
– Sheer pale pink nail lacquer ( I used “Made to Honor” by Essie)
– Your favorite top coat (I used Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat)
*No base coat needed. Do not apply a base coat as it will counteract the function of the paper reinforcement stickers.
Directions to a beautiful French manicure:
1. Start by prepping your nails; doing so will help prolong the wear of any nail lacquer! With a cotton ball gently rub white distilled vinegar on your nail beds to naturally rid of oils. Rinse your nails under lukewarm water and pat dry.
2. Take a paper reinforcement sticker and place it where you desire the white tip. Make sure the ends of the sticker touch both ends of the nail.
3. Run your finger from one side of the sticker to the other to ensure a tightly sealed template.
4. Apply a white lacquer over the open space between the sticker and your nail tip. Immediately remove the sticker by gently peeling it from one end to the other.
5. Repeat #2 – #4 for the rest of your fingers. For your thumbnails, you may need a larger template. Cut a sticker in half with a pair of scissors, resulting in two half circles. Overlap the two half circles to create a larger version of the half circle.
6. After polishing your white tips, apply a sheer pale pink lacquer over your nails. Let nails dry for 5 minutes. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, add a nail art design on a finger for a little extra glam!
7. Seal the look with your favorite top coat. Voila! You’re nails are officially Frenched. 🙂 Now go out and rock your French mani!