When was the last time you cleaned your makeup brushes? Last week? A few months ago? Never? You might not realize it, but it is imperative to regularly clean your brushes. It prolongs the life of your brushes, and is crucial in keeping your skin clean and healthy.
It only takes a few minutes… incorporate it into your beauty routine. Wash them right before you go to sleep, and they will be dry and ready to use the next morning! Here are the simple steps:
1. Grab all of your brushes and head over to your sink. Blush, bronzer, eye shadow, you name it.
2. Put a bit of shampoo (baby shampoo is preferable) into the palm of your hand.
3. Gently rub each brush into the shampoo.
4. Run each brush under warm water, gently rinsing the shampoo out with your fingers. Make sure to rinse thoroughly to get rid of all soap residue and bacteria.
5. Get rid of the excess water, and rest the brushes on a fresh towel.
6. To get rid of any excess water, wipe each brush on the towel. Leave the brushes out to dry on the towel overnight… voila! Brushes that feel and look like new!
Image via Betches